AMVNC provides multiple opportunities for supporting your neighborhood CERT:
- We accept both money and in-kind donations (e.g. tools and equipment) ;
- We are eligible for employer match by many (most?) bay area companies. Apple and Google have already matched some donations;
- We generate tax receipts as requested. Our EIN is 47-3636164 ;
- All donations can be either For Benefit Of (FBO) a specific neighborhood or available for Mountain View CERTs at large. See section 4.6 in the ByLaws;
- The individual CERTs do not spend the funds directly: they submit receipts to AMVNC for review and reimbursement. Expenditures must conform to applicable laws, our mission and our donor's restrictions.
Please make checks payable to “Association of Mountain View Neighborhood CERTs” and mail them to P.O. Box 983, Mountain View, CA 94042-0983. Enter any restrictions (e.g. “FBO NEIGHBORHOOD-NAME”) to the memo line. Any check with a blank memo will be treated as general donations.
PayPal and other electronic payments
Electronic donations of can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put any restrictions (e.g. “FBO NEIGHBORHOOD-NAME”) and optionally, contact information in the comment field.
Receipts will be issued automatically for checks.
If you want a tax receipt for an electronic donation, send a request to email@example.com. Please include transaction date, amount (or other identifying details), your full name and US postal service address.
If you want a receipt for in-kind donations, an organizer in the member neighborhood should download and print out the in-kind donation form - Please fill both pages, one goes to the donor and the other to the Treasurer via the P.O. Box address above.
Validating our donation eligibility
You can confirm that AMVNC is eligible for not-for-profit donations by entering our EIN, 47-3636164, in the searches below: